Cllr Andrew Baggott is the new Leader of Basildon Council following the annual meeting of the council held on Thursday May 27.
Cllr Anthony Hedley was elected deputy leader on a night that also saw a realignment of council committees to support council priorities.
Cllr David Dadds was elected Mayor of Basildon with Cllr Luke MacKenzie as Deputy Mayor.
Following the meeting Cllr Baggott said: “I believe that listening to our residents and their ideas is key to delivering the services and projects that our borough deserves and needs.
“The changes to our committees will support us in doing just that and we now have a Scrutiny Committee to keep us all on track to deliver what we have promised to people across the borough.”
The full list of committees and their chairmen is:
- Cllr Andrew Baggott – Chairman of Policy Executive Committee
- Cllr Stuart Sullivan – Chairman of Resources & Commercial Committee
- Cllr Andrew Baggott – Chairman of Enforcement and Public Protection Committee
- Cllr Andrew Schrader – Chairman of Housing & Estate Renewal Committee
- Cllr Terri Sargent – Chairman of Communities & Wellbeing Committee
- Cllr Anthony Hedley – Chairman of Regeneration & Economic Development Committee
- Cllr Craig Rimmer – Chairman of Leisure & Environment Committee
- Cllr Richard Moore – Chairman of Strategic Planning & Infrastructure Committee
- Cllr Gary Canham – Chairman of Audit & Risk Committee
- Cllr Danny Lawrence – Chairman of Licensing Committee
- Cllr Carole Morris – Chairman of Planning Committee
- Cllr George Jeffery – Chairman of Joint Standards Committee
- Cllr Luke MacKenzie – Chairman of Scrutiny Committee
You can see the timetable of council meetings and watch them live at www.basildon.gov.uk/meetings