- Theydon Bois man convicted of rape - 05/08/2021
- Former police officer cheated on exam and sent inappropriate message - 05/08/2021
- Woman injured in incident at Chelmsford bar - 05/08/2021
Car park charges will resume during weekdays in council owned car parks across Basildon borough from today (Monday July 19).
Free parking in council car parks had been extended by a further two-months back in May, to continue to support the reopening of high streets and retail sectors.
All council car parks are still free to use overnight between 6pm-8am, no matter the duration of use, along with being free all-day Saturday and Sunday, with an exception for between 8am-9:30am on Saturday’s in Billericay High Street.
Signage is up in all car parks to inform visitors of the reintroduction of charges, and both card and coin functions will be in operation at payment machines.
The council owned car parks in the borough are located at:
- Billericay – Lake Meadows
- Billericay – High Street (rear of Iceland)
- Billericay – Radford Crescent (opposite Billericay Station)
- Wickford – Wickford Ladygate Centre
- Wickford – Wickford Pool, Wickford
- Wickford – Wickford Main