- Man jailed for series of crimes across Chelmsford - 05/12/2023
- It happened today – this day in history – December 5 - 05/12/2023
- Police link three attempted robberies in Canvey - 04/12/2023
A man has been banned from every Tesco and M&S store in Essex for five years after officers successfully applied for a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO).
Jason Smith, 53, of Greenwood Close, Chelmsford, was made subject to the order at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Tuesday October 10).
The order states he must not:
- Attend Wells Crescent or Viaduct Road in Chelmsford for any reason;
- Use offensive language or engage in any aggressive or intimidating behaviour in a public place;
- Be in possession of any container or vessel of alcohol in a public or be intoxicated through drink or drugs in a public place;
- Enter any Tesco or Marks & Spencer store in Essex.
He must also leave any store or premises when asked by any staff, police officer, or PCSO.
Smith was charged with failing to comply with a dispersal order, a racially or religiously aggravated public order offence, and using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
The charges related to incidents of anti-social behaviour at Chelmsford Bus Station on October 2.