- Your digital YA available every Thursday - 04/03/2021
- CCTV images released after distraction burglary in Shenfield - 03/03/2021
- Testing urged before return to school - 03/03/2021
All Essex County FA Cup fixtures and coach education courses have been postponed until after Friday April 3 in alignment with the professional game, following the Football Association’s statement regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
In Essex grassroots football, it is a league/competition’s decision, at this time, if they wish to continue playing or to postpone their respective competitions as autonomous bodies within the game. This is in-line with Government advice at this time.
It is not felt that grassroots fixtures need to be cancelled as a matter of course at the present time, although some may need to be if teams are self-isolating and are unable to play, or if teams are concerned about playing and the league/competition agrees to postpone.
Sports are asked to keep up-to-date with, and follow, Government and Public Health England guidance. The key issues for hosting a sports event/match are:
- Public Health England guidance should be read and followed
- for those travelling to sporting events overseas, or returning from overseas sports events, the Foreign Office’s travel advice should be read and followed
- promote best practice for hygiene, ensuring cleaning is effective and soaps are provided (plus sanitiser, where possible)
- anyone with flu-like symptoms should avoid the risk of spreading their infection, whatever that infection may be, by staying at home and recovering
- clubs are advised that, if a spectator presents to a club member of staff with possible flu-like symptoms, they should be encouraged to leave, return home and call NHS 111 for further advice
- for those hosting sports events, whatever their size, attendees and participants should stay up-to-date on the Government’s latest advice on how to avoid catching or spreading the virus
The Essex County FA are liaising closely with The FA and, if anything changes, information will be published on www.essexfa.com, via the @EssexCountyFA account on Twitter and by searching for ‘EssexFootball’ on Facebook.