Mid & South Essex Hospitals Charity have launched the #MSEhelpyourhospital rapid response appeal to support NHS staff at Basildon, Broomfield and Southend hospitals during this challenging time.
Donations will go towards care packages and rest areas for staff as well as toiletries for patients.
The appeal is in place to help provide support wherever the need is greatest, by making a donation to the #MSEhelpyourhospital JustGiving page you can support projects including:
- Care packages to provide snacks and toiletries for teams as they work intensively to care for patients
- Wellbeing resources to help alleviate stress for people while working under constant pressure
- Establishing fully equipped staff rest areas as places for people to take a break during periods of intensive work and ensure they are not too tired to drive home
- The provision of alternative transport to work such as taxi or a minibus if public transport is not available
- Care packages for patients including toiletries, puzzle/colouring books and dignity clothing
Mid & South Essex Hospitals Charity’s director, Lucy Thomas-Clayton, said: “During this challenging time, NHS staff at Basildon, Broomfield and Southend hospitals are working around the clock to look after your loved ones.
“We have been inundated with emails and calls offering support, the best way for you to help is by donating to www.justgiving.com/campaign/msehelpyourhospital.
“As a team working alongside our colleagues in the hospital, we can make sure items of greatest need are purchased. Please do not go out to collect food or essential items for our staff, the best thing you can do as a community is #stayathome.
“Thank you to all the local organisations and individuals that are already supporting our appeal, from back garden marathon runners to supermarket collection boxes at tills. Every effort is greatly appreciated.”