1124: David I becomes king of Scots.
- The Poor People Of Paris – Winifred Atwell
- It’s Almost Tomorrow – The Dreamweavers
- Rock And Roll Waltz – Kay Starr
- No Other Love – Ronnie Hilton
- Only You – The Hilltoppers
- Memories Are Made Of This – Dave King and the Keynotes
- Zambesi – Lou Busch
- A Tear Fell – Teresa Brewer
- My September Love – David Whitfield
- Memories Are Made Of This – Dean Martin
1969: Album chart:
- The Best Of – The Seekers
- Songs From A Room – Leonard Cohen
- On The Threshold Of A Dream – The Moody Blues
- Elvis (NBC TV Special) – Elvis Presley
- Goodbye – Cream
- Hair – Cast recording
- Live At The Talk Of The Town – The Seekerss
- Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin
- Gentle On My Mind – Dean Martin
- Oliver! – Original Soundtrack
1976: Customs officers on a train at the Russian/Polish Border detain David Bowie after Nazi books and mementos were found in his luggage.
1981: Ringo Starr marries actress Barbara Bach.
1982: The trial of John Hinckley begins for the attempted assassination of US President Ronald Reagan.
1984: The siege of the Libyan Embassy in London ends 11 days after the shooting of WPC Yvonne Fletcher outside the St James’s Square building.
1986: Soviet authorities order the evacuation of the city of Pripyat (pop. 50,000) one day after the Chernobyl nuclear accident.
1987: The US Justice Department bars Austrian Chancellor and former UN General Secretary Kurt Waldheim from entering the country, due to his aid of Nazi Germany during the Second World War.
1989: Students take over Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China.
1992: The House of Commons elects a woman to the post of Speaker for the first time in its 700-year history. Labour MP Betty Boothroyd wins by a decisive majority. On the same day, The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, comprising Serbia and Montenegro, is proclaimed.
1996: Actor Sean Penn marries actress Robin Wright.
2005: The super jumbo jet aircraft Airbus A380 makes its first flight from Toulouse, France.
2018: North Korea’s Kim Jong-un and Moon Jae-in of South Korea agree to officially end the Korean war and rid the peninsula of nuclear weapons.
2019: Pope Francis donates $500,000 for migrants stranded in Mexico trying to reach the US.
2020: Global confirmed cases of COVID-19 pass 3 million with the death toll at 205,000.
BIRTHDAYS: Jim Keltner, drummer, 80; Ann Peebles, singer-songwriter, 75; Kate Pierson, singer (The B52s) 74; Ace (Paul) Frehley, guitarist (Kiss) 71; Sheena Easton, singer, 63; Marco Pirroni, guitarist/songwriter (Adam and the Ants) 63; Russell T Davies, TV writer, 59; Mica Paris, singer/broadcaster, 53; Dame Darcey Bushell, ballerina, 53; Tess Daly, TV presenter, 51; Sally Hawkins, actress, 46; Jenna Coleman, actress, 36; Lizzo (Melissa Jefferson), singer-songwriter/flautist, 34; Nick Kyrgios, tennis star, 27.