- CCTV image released after alleged assault in Chelmsford - 07/04/2020
- Sixth arrest in connection with death of Southend man - 07/04/2020
- It happened today – this day in history – April 7 - 07/04/2020
A man has been charged with a murder in Walthamstow in 2009 after being extradited from India.
Aman Vyas, 35, arrived at Heathrow Airport on Friday, October 4. On his arrival, he was charged with the murder and rape of Michelle Samaraweera, who died after being attacked in Walthamstow on May 30, 2009.
Vyas was also charged with the following offences relating to three other women:
one count of attempted murder;
– five counts of assault;
– seven counts of rape;
– one count of possession of a knife or bladed article in a public place
– one count of possession of an offensive weapon;
– one count of sexual assault.
Vyas will appear in custody at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court today, Saturday.
The offences are alleged to have taken place at locations across Walthamstow between March 24, 2009 and May 30, 2009.