Brentwood Council has granted planning permission for a new building and refurbishment plans at Brentwood County High School.
The plans represent a £multi-million investment by the Dept for Education’s Priority School Building Programme and include:
- Two new sustainably-built teaching buildings for science & maths and art & design
- Creation of a campus style layout
- Refurbishment of other facilities
- Increased energy efficiency
- Enhanced opportunities for community use outside school hours
Headteacher Margaret Ryan said: “We are really pleased to get the go ahead from Brentwood Council for our redevelopment plans that will deliver the facilities our students and staff deserve.
“We strongly believe our school community will flourish as resources are refocused and our learning environment is transformed.”
Phased construction work at the school in Seven Arches Road is due to be completed by summer 2024.