Do you know somebody who works tirelessly to make a difference to the community in Rochford district?
Has your local sports club achieved success in the past 12 months or helped others to achieve their potential?
If so, then council chairman, Cllr Robin Dray wants to know so he can give them the recognition they deserve at the 2020 Rochford District Awards.
The council has now started the nomination process and want to hear about the local people who are making a difference and deserve to be recognised for their hard work and commitment.
In a combined ceremony, to be held at the Freight House in Rochford on Friday May 15, local residents, sports clubs and schools will be praised for their achievements for the benefit of the whole local community.
The categories for the Citizen of the Year Awards are:
- Young Citizen (under 18)
- Charitable Support (over 18)
- Community Spirit (over 18)
In all three categories, nominations should explain how the person makes a difference, whether to the district of Rochford as a whole or to individual residents as well as their dedication to what they do.
To submit a nomination for a Citizen of the Year category please visit www.rochford.gov.uk/citizenoftheyear
For more information, or to request an application form, contact 01702 318128 or email [email protected]
For the Sports Awards, the categories are:
- Sports Personality of the Year (all ages) – a performer of any age who has made a significant impact at County level or above, either individually or as part of a team.
- Sports Club of the Year – A local club or team that has made a significant impact. This can be success in competition or by having a positive impact in the local community.
- School of the Year – A school, college or early years setting that gives its pupils a wide range of opportunities to participate in high quality physical education and extra curriculum support.
Cllr Dray, said: “The Rochford District Awards are a great way to highlight those unsung heroes who go above and beyond for the benefit of others. I invite everyone to nominate someone who they feel deserves appreciation for what they do and the success they have achieved”.
Nominations are open to individuals and groups located within the Rochford district.
The closing date for entries is Friday March 27.