Non-League Round-Up…

Vanarama National League

Southend United came from behind to ease their relegation worries with a 4-1 victory over ten-man Aldershot Town, who had Rollin Menayese sent off. Josh Stokes gave the visitors the lead after just eighteen minutes before Harry Cardwell and Ollie Cardwell flipped the game on its head to make it 2-1 early in the second half, with subs Jack Wood and Marcus Dackers both netting in stoppage time to round off a top-class win for Blues.      

Dagenham & Redbridge went down to a 1-0 defeat to FC Halifax Town at the Chigwell Construction Stadium with Andrew Oluwabori’s second-half strike proving to be the difference between the two sides. 

The result sees Daggers drop to fourteenth in the table – four points above the drop zone.      

Vanarama National League South

In-form Braintree Town extended their unbeaten run to eight matches with their sixth win in succession – a 1-0 victory at Worthing. 

Aaron Blair capitalised on a collision between keeper Ollie Wright and defender Alfie Young on the edge of the box to fire home into an unguarded net just before the half-hour mark to secure the points for the Iron.       

Chelmsford City moved up into second place with a 1-0 victory over runaway leaders Yeovil Town at Melbourne Park. Charlie Ruff capitalised on hesitation in the Glovers box to fire home what proved to be the Clarets’ winner in the seventy-second minute.  

Despite Aaron Jarvis and Brad Ash putting Torquay United 2-0 up with just over half an hour played, Aveley fought back gallantly to claim a point in a 2-2 draw at Plainmoor with Siju Odulusi netting from the spot in first-half stoppage time before Eduino Vaz put the Millers back on level terms in the fifty-first minute.    

Pitching-In Isthmian League Premier Division

With table-topping Hornchurch’s match at Hastings United having been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, second place Chatham Town took the opportunity to cut the Urchins lead to six points with a 6-3 win over Billericay Town in front of a bumper crowd of 2,084 at the Bauvill Stadium.

Kareem Isiaka netted a hat-trick for the Chats, for whom Jack Evans, Rowan Liburd and Jamie Vila – from the penalty spot – were all on target. Adam Leathers, Frankie Merrifield and Sydney Ibe were Ricay’s goalscorers.    

Canvey Island & Carshalton Athletic shared the points with a goalless draw at the Movie Starr Stadium, with Bradley Williams being sent off after receiving the second of two yellow cards just after the hour mark. 

Jorge Sambu’s sixty-fifth-minute goal proved to be the decider as Haringey Borough secured a 1-0 win over fellow relegation strugglers Margate at Coles Park.

Hashtag United and Whitehawk played out a 1-1 draw with goals from Sakariya Hassan and Charlie Lambert ensuring the spoils were shared at the Len Salmon Stadium. 

Pitching-In Isthmian League North

Jack Reed netted a hat-trick as leaders Lowestoft Town overcame Redbridge 5-1 at the Amber Dew Events Stadium. Harvey Sayer from the penalty spot and sub-Tom Fitzgerald were also on target for the Trawler Boys. Ayo Odukoya netted a consolation for Redbridge near the end before then seeing his spot kick saved by Luke Holt shortly after. 

Felixstowe & Walton made it seven wins in a row with Josh Mayhew netting in stoppage time to overcome struggling Grays Athletic 3-2 at Dellwood Avenue. Grays took the lead in the twelfth minute through Charlie Stimson before Joe Whight equalised from the spot seven minutes later.  

Codey Cosgrave put the visitors ahead just before the hour mark before Billy Holland’s equaliser. The Seasiders hit the bar three times in the latter stages before Mayhew’s late clincher.

Despite taking the lead through a Jordan Forbes own goal in the third minute, two spot kicks – converted by Ryan Hawkins and Ryan Miles put Wroxham 2-1 up at North Road before Marlon Agyakwa drew Brightlingsea Regent level in the fifty-second minute. Andrew Topping nodded home in the eighty-third minute to clinch a 3-2 win for the Yachtsmen.

A goal from Freddie King deep into stoppage time – his second of the match – clinched a hard-fought 3-2 win for Witham Town against Gorleston at the Simarco Stadium. The visitors took the lead through Lewis Johnson in the eleventh minute before Luke Ings’ athletic finish restored parity.  

King seized on a defensive error to put Witham 2-1 up just before the half-hour mark before Johnson netted his second to make it 2-2 in the sixty-third minute. With the match looking to be heading for a draw, King’s late effort saw Town through to a dramatic last-ditch 3-2 victory.   

Essex Senior League

Goals by Hassan Nalbant and Remi Sutton saw Romford defeat Sporting Bengal United 2-1 at Mile End Park Leisure Centre Stadium, with Chris Gyamfi netting for Bengal. 

Barking crushed Ilford 5-0 at the Lawtech Stadium with Tony Martin (2) Luke Hirst, Jack Dickinson and substitute Bieron Ademi all on the scoresheet.

A Teddy Collis double and a third from Jamie Eveleigh saw FC Clacton through to a 3-1 victory over Buckhurst Hill, for whom Chandler Wray fired home a late consolation deep into stoppage time. 

Kane Gilbert and Harry Pinkney both netted twice and Robbie Bennett was also on the score sheet in Halstead Town’s 5-0 win over West Essex at the Milbank Stadium.

Stanway Rovers defeated White Ensign 4-0 at Burroughs Park with George Okoye, Reece Conway, Freddie Cooper and Joe Debell all on target.  

ProKit UK Essex Olympian League Premier Division

Leaders Old Chelmsfordians enjoyed a dominant 4-0 win at Shenfield Association with Ryan Baxter, Charlie Portway, Shane Pritchard and Jonny Waskett all on target.

Second-place Rayleigh Town, with goals from Arnold Acheampong, Owen Barrett and Gianni Frankis overcame Springfield 3-1 at Beauchamps School. Frankie Aston netted for the visitors.  

Substitute Solomon Asomah (2) Lee Samways and an own goal were the difference between the two sides as Sungate defeated Canning Town at the West Ham Community Ground.

Mitchell Ali and Callum Ludlaim were Old Southendian’s goal scorers in their 2-1 win over Catholic United at Garon Park.

Praise Ogbebor netted Kelvedon Hatch’s consolation goal in their 4-1 home loss to Toby.

Lewis Bracci hit both goals for Leigh Ramblers in their 2-1 win over Runwell Sports at Belfairs Park.