Non-League Round-Up…

Vanarama National League

Dagenham & Redbridge eased their relegation worries as they romped to a 4-1 victory over Maidenhead United – their first league win in three matches – with goals from Harry Phipps, Josh Rees, Ryan Hill (from the penalty spot) and Lewis Page. Tristan Abrahams pulled one back just after the hour mark for the Magpies. 

Southend United extended their unbeaten run to nine matches after a 0-0 draw against Hartlepool United at the Suit Direct Stadium. 

The result saw the Blues move up into eleventh spot in the table.     

Vanarama National League North

Bishop’s Stortford’s 3-0 defeat at Alfreton Town, their fourteenth loss in succession, mathematically confirmed Blues relegation from Vanarama National League North. Jordan Thewlis (2) and Billy Fewster were on target for Alfreton.    

Vanarama National League South

Second-placed Chelmsford City ran out 3-1 winners over Bath City at Melbourne Park, with Josh Castiglione, Jermaine Francis and Freddie Hockey all on target for the Clarets, who cut the gap between themselves and league leaders Yeovil Town to seven points. Scott Wilson netted Bath’s goal.

A seventy-sixth-minute strike by skipper Baris Altintop saw Braintree Town take the points in a 1-0 win at Weymouth as third-placed Iron extended their unbeaten record to thirteen games. 

Despite Siju Odelusi’s penalty putting Aveley 1-0 up in the tenth minute – following on from Aron Kuhl’s missed spot-kick for Farnborough shortly after kick-off, the Yellows stormed back to take the points in a 3-1 win at the Easy As HGV Stadium with goals from Reggie Young, Edon Pruti and Joe Haigh.    

Pitching-In Isthmian League Premier Division

Hornchurch moved ever closer to the title with a 4-1 win over Billericay Town at Bridge Avenue. Femi Akinwande (2) Ryan Scott and Sean Scannell were all on target for Daryl McMahon’s Urchins with Alfie Cerulli netting Billericay’s consolation goal just past the hour.

Tom Derry’s sixty-third-minute goal was enough to seal Folkestone Invicta’s 1-0 win over Canvey Island at Cheriton Road. 

Cray Wanderers took the points after a comprehensive 4-0 win at struggling Haringey Borough, who had Nahum Melvin-Lambert dismissed in the sixteenth minute of the match. Ellis Brown, David Ijaha, George Porter and Anthony Cook all netted for the Wands.

Cheshunt defeated fellow relegation strugglers Concord Rangers 2-1 at Theobalds Lane. Nathaniel Orafu put the Ambers 1-0 up in the seventh minute before Nmamdi Nwachuku doubled their lead just before the half-hour mark. Harrison Day netted the Beach Boys goal in the forty-sixth minute. 

Potters Bay Town overcame a two-goal deficit to take the points in a 3-2 win over Hashtag United at the Len Salmon Stadium. Max Cornhill and Nathan Smith put the Tags 2-0 up within the first twenty minutes before Leigh Rose and Ore Bello brought the visitors level before the break. Valckx Fernandes headed the Scholars winner in the fifty-fourth minute. 

Pitching-In Isthmian League North

Zac Brown’s sixtieth-minute strike proved to be the winner as Felixstowe & Walton United moved to the top of the table following a 1-0 victory over Brentwood Town.    

Maldon & Tiptree, with goals from Louis Britton and Harry Honesty, defeated Ipswich Wanderers 2-0 at the Wallace Binder Stadium. 

Sixteenth-place Grays Athletic enjoyed a 2-0 win over Redbridge at Chadfields, with Matas Skarna and Aron Gordon on the scoresheet.

Olly Sotoyinbo, from the spot and Johnville Renee, on his debut for the club, were on target for Walthamstow in their 2-0 win at Wroxham.

Lowestoft Town dropped to second place after a 2-1 defeat to Brightlingsea Regent at North Road. Teddy Collins put Regent one up in the thirteenth minute before Kyle Haylock restored parity eight minutes after the break. Collins netted his second of the match in the eighty-third minute to clinch the points for the hosts.

An eleventh-minute opener by Ben Sartain and two goals from Jack Adlington-Pile saw Heybridge Swifts through to a 3-1 win at Enfield, for whom substitute Gaz Dauti netted a late consolation ten minutes from time.

Tom Stagg (2) Benas Vaivada and Luke Reeve were all on target as play-off chasing Bowers & Pitsea overcame ten-man Witham Town 4-2 at the Simarco Stadium. Archie McFadden and Josh Osude scored for Town, who had Liam Whipps sent off late on.     

Essex Senior League Premier Division

Shae Hutchinson netted a hat-trick, with Tommy Moncur also on the scoresheet in Buckhurst Hill’s shock 4-0 win over runaway leaders Tilbury.

Despite having Robbie Bennett sent off, Halstead Town defeated rock-bottom Coggeshall Town 4-0 at the Millbank Stadium with goals from Kane Gilbert, Joel Older, Harry Pinkney and Scott Sloots.  

Keanu Hill netted the only goal of the game in Sporting Bengal United’s 1-0 win at Hullbridge Sports.

Marko Protic hit both Woodford Town’s goals in their 2-0 win at Athletic Newham.

Following Izzy Bademosi’s second-minute goal, Luke Hirst hit a second-half hat-trick in Barking’s 4-0 win over Saffron Walden Town.

Two first-half goals from Harry Talbot put Great Wakering Rovers 2-0 up before Luke Hipkin, Harry Mann, Jordi Papple and Lewis Wood netted to guide Little Oakley home to a 4-2 win at Little Oakley Memorial Club.

Takeley and Frenford played out a goalless draw at the Sirona Medical Arena.

White Ensign defeated FC Clacton 4-1 at Burroughs Park, with Charlie Collis hitting the visitor’s consolation goal.

Stanway Rovers overcame ten-man West Essex 2-0 at Wadham Lodge. Billy Jones receiving his marching orders for the hosts. 

In the Friday night game, two goals from Toheeb Elegushi and a third just after the hour mark put Romford 3-0 up at Ilford and although Joel Appiah and Daniel Izekor netted to pull it back to 3-2, the visitors held on to claim the points.       

ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League

Old Chelmsfordians enjoyed a 3-0 win over Bishop’s Stortford Swifts at Old Chelmsfordians Sports & Social Club with Ryan Baxter, Joe Murphy and Jonny Waskett the scorers.

Springfield and Kelvedon Hatch shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw at Springfield Hall Park.

Toby defeated bottom-of-the-table Canning Town 4-0 at Nursery Sports Ground. 

Third place Sungate took the points in a 4-2 win over Harold Wood.

Rayleigh Town were 3-1 winners over Leigh Ramblers at Belfairs Park with Matt Tapley and subs Gianni Frankis & Adam Wright all on target. James Spencer netted for Leigh.