Non-League Round-Up…

Vanarama National League

Second-half goals from Danny Waldron and Harry Cardwell extended Southend United’s unbeaten run to fifteen matches with a 2-0 win over AFC Fylde at Mill Farm Stadium.  

The win keeps the Blues’ faint play-off hopes alive although their fate may well be determined by the time they play Rochdale on the final day of the season, with FC Halifax Town – who have two games in hand – needing just three points from their final three matches to qualify.

Following an outstanding individual strike just before half-time by former Watford and Luton Town winger Dion Pereira, Dagenham & Redbridge shared the spoils with Hartlepool United in a 1-1 draw at the Suit Direct Stadium. Joe Gray was on target for Pools in the fifty-ninth minute – his twelfth goal of the season.    

Vanarama National League North

Diego De Girolamo and sub-Joe Wright were both on target in Buxton’s 2-0 victory over bottom-of-the-table Bishop’s Stortford Town at the Tarmac Silverlands Stadium.    

Vanarama National League South

Second-placed Chelmsford City ran out 3-0 winners over Tonbridge Angels at Melbourne Park, with Jermaine Francis netting twice and Charlie Ruff – with his twentieth goal of the season, the Claret’s scorers.

Two goals from Ebbsfleet Town loanee Shaq Coulthirst – including one from the spot – saw Braintree Town take the points in a 2-1 win at relegated Havant & Waterlooville. The win leaves the Iron just behind third-place Worthing on goal difference.  

Aveley kept themselves in contention for an end-of-season play-off place with a 2-1 victory at Weston-super-Mare. Harry Gibbs and Samuel Odelusi – with an eightieth-minute penalty, were on target for the Millers, with Bailey Kempster the Seagull’s scorer.      

Pitching-In Isthmian League Premier Division

Newly crowned Isthmian Premier League champions Hornchurch edged ever closer to one hundred points with a 1-0 victory at relegation-threatened Margate. Former Crystal Palace and Huddersfield Town striker Sean Scannell netted the Urchins winner just after the half-hour mark.       

Goals in stoppage time at the end of each half from Danny Mills and Ryley Scott saw Dulwich Hamlet through to a 2-0 win over lowly Canvey Island at the Movie Starr Stadium.

Alfie Cerulli and Moses Emmanuel were on target for play-off chasing Billericay Town in a 2-1 win over struggling Cheshunt at New Lodge, despite Sydney Ibie being shown a red card late on.

Wingate & Finchley moved closer to the play-off places with Anointed Chukwu netting in the fifty-sixth minute to clinch a 1-0 win over already relegated Haringey Borough.

Concord Rangers and Hashtag United shared a five-goal thriller at the Len Salmon Stadium with the relegated Beach Boys coming from 2-0 down to take the points in a 3-2 victory. Goals from Camillo Restrepro and Alex Teniola in the first hour seemed to have set the Tags up for victory, only for Simo Mbonkwi and Frederick Agyemang (2) to then turn the game round dramatically in the final seventeen minutes and win the game for Concord.      

Pitching-In Isthmian League North

Second place Bowers & Pitsea took the points in a 2-1 win over local rivals Basildon United at Gardiners Close. Malaki Hyman and Geofry Okonkwo made it 2-0 to Bowers inside the first twenty minutes before Kyde Jude pulled one back for the Bees just before half-time.

Brentwood Town secured a play-off spot with Matt Cripps’ goal clinching the points in a 1-0 win at Wroxham.  

Grays Athletic, who fell behind to a second-minute goal by Ewan Gordon-Clement in the second minute, came back to take the points in a 3-1 win over bottom-of-the-table Stowmarket Town. Charlie Stimson (2) and Elliott Sartorious’ scored for Grays.   

Third place Felixstowe & Walton United, who had Noel Atkins sent off, ran out 1-0 winners at Witham – who themselves finished with ten men after Ryan Dear was shown a red card. Zack Brown netted the Seasider’s goal in the eighty-fourth minute.

Heybridge Swifts came back from two goals down to clinch a point in a 2-2 draw at Brightlingsea Regent. Marley Andrews and Jake Thompson put Regent two up just after the twenty-minute mark before Ross Wall – who later received his marching orders in the second half – and Eman Okunja restored parity for the visitors.  

Oscar Shelvey-Negus’s seventh-minute goal gave Redbridge the points in a 1-0 win over Gorleston at Oakside.

Walthamstow and third-placed Bury Town played out a 1-1 draw at The Lodge. Brian Moses-Songolo gave ‘Stow the lead in the sixty-third minute only for Cemal Ramadan to restore parity seven minutes later. 

A stoppage-time equaliser by Shan Temple gave Maldon & Tiptree a late point in a 2-2 draw against New Salamis at Park Drive, this coming after former Southend United youngster Harry Phillips had scored directly from a corner in the seventeenth minute to put the Jammers one up. 

The visitors drew level through sub-Nathan Mandla in the eightieth minute before an own goal by Lewis Jaggs put the Red-Whites 2-1 up with only two minutes left.  

Essex Senior League Premier Division

Tilbury edged ever closer to the Essex Senior League title with a 2-1 victory at Stanway Rovers. Jack McQueen and Oliver Spooner scored the Dockers’ goals with Tom Maycock netting for the Rovers.

Third-placed Woodford Town went down to a 3-2 defeat to Sporting Bengal United at Ashton Playing Fields on Friday night. Tanvir Ahmed (2) and Abdulai Sarr netted for the visitors, whilst Alexandru Bolovan and former Southend United youngster Miles Mitchell-Nelson scored for Town.

FA Vase finalists Romford romped to a 3-0 win at Little Oakley with Sam Deering, Darren Phillips and sub-Hassan Nalbant all on target.

Glenn O’Hanlon and Jamal Obeng were Takeley’s scorers in a 2-1 victory at Hullbridge Sports, for whom Zayshaun Asamoah had opened the scoring in the third minute.

Halstead Town’s Kane Gilbert and Buckhurst Hill’s Josh Samuels both hit hat-tricks in a thrilling 4-4 draw between the sides at the Millbank Stadium.

Amari Davis-Stephenson hit the winner in Ilford’s 1-0 victory over bottom-placed Coggeshall Town at the Lawtech Stadium on Friday evening.

Solomon Ofori hit a hat-trick for Saffron Walden in their 3-3 draw at Frenford – for whom Sam Cross, Nick Reynolds and Tom Troubridge were all on target.

Athletic Newham and White Ensign played out a 1-1 draw at Newham Leisure Centre, with Reece Simpson scoring Newham’s goal. 

Barking thumped West Essex 5-1 at the Lawtech Stadium with Fahad Nyanja (2) George Forrest, Ezekiel Bademosi and Patrick Ahern as their scorers. 

ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League

Goals from Luis Bracci (2) and sub-Henry Wainwright saw Leigh Ramblers through to a 3-0 win over Kelvedon Hatch at Belfairs Park.

Rayleigh Town defeated Canning Town 3-0 at the Aspect Arena with Owen Barratt (2) and Alfie Larkin as their scorers.

Harry Kateley was on target for Springfield in a 1-1 draw against Toby at Springfield Hall Park.

Runwell Sports and Catholic United shared the spoils in a goalless encounter at Runwell Sports & Social Club.

Isuzu FA Vase Semi-Final Second Leg

In front of a crowd of 1,502 at Burroughs Park, with the tie having ended 2-2 on aggregate, goalkeeper Luis Shamshoum’s save from Worcester City captain Chris Knight in the penalty shoot-out at the end dramatically sent Great Wakering Rovers to Wembley for the first time, where they will play Essex Senior League rivals Romford in the Isuzu FA Vase Final on May 11.

Having overturned a 1-0 deficit from the first leg, goals from Jake Gordon and Max Gnandi gave Rovers a 2-1 win on the day before Shamshoum’s heroics sealed a 5-4 win on penalties.