Non-League Round-Up…

Vanarama National League

Dagenham & Redbridge, who saw boss Ben Strevens sent off in the seventy-second minute, brought their Vanarama National League season to a close, with a thrilling 3-3 draw against Aldershot Town at the Chigwell Construction Stadium.  

Dion Pereira’s goal to make it 3-2 in the third minute of stoppage time looked to have won the game for Daggers only for Aldershot to draw level just four minutes later through Josh Barrett. 

Despite Southend United going down to a 2-1 defeat to Rochdale at Roots Hall, Kevin Maher’s side can look back on a memorable and most eventful season that saw them put aside a ten-point deduction and a whole host of other financial issues to still be in with a chance of play-off qualification on the final day.

Gus Scott-Morriss put Blues 1-0 up after only eight minutes before Cian Hayes and Devante Rodney – in stoppage time – clinched the points for Dale.  

Vanarama National League North

Bottom spot and long-relegated Bishop’s Stortford shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw with Curzon Ashton at the ProKit UK Stadium.

Vanarama National League South

Chelmsford City’s 1-1 draw at Chippenham Town confirmed the Claret’s second-place finish on goal difference. George Alexander put the visitors one up in the twenty-third minute before Craig Fasanmade equalised for the Bluebirds from the spot shortly before the close.   

With their place in the Vanarama National League South play-offs already secured, Braintree Town concluded their regular season campaign with a 3-2 home defeat to nine-man Eastbourne Borough, who had Yahya Bamba and Brad Barry sent off late on. Freddie Sears and Joe Grimwood netted for the Iron before Imran Uche’s ninety-second-minute strike secured the three points for the Sports. 

Aveley’s 2-0 win over Bath City at Parkside clinched the final play-off place for the Millers, who will now travel to play Maidstone United on Wednesday. Kenny Alleru put the hosts 1-0 up in the seventh minute before Siju Odelusi netted from the spot just before the end – his seventeenth goal of the season.  

Pitching-In Isthmian League Premier Division

Lewis Manor’s last-minute goal saw Isthmian League champions Hornchurch seal a dramatic 1-0 victory at Potter’s Bar Town. 

The Urchins go into their final game against Kingstonian at Bridge Avenue next week needing one more win to reach one hundred points for the season.    

Goals from Sam Higgins (2) and Rob Girdlestone saw Canvey Island through to a 3-1 victory over Cheshunt at Theobolds Lane.

A late winner by Alfie Cerulli saw Billericay Town come from behind to take the points with a 2-1 win at Carshalton Athletic. Charlie Kennett put the hosts ahead after twenty-six minutes before Moses Emmanuel equalised just before the hour mark.      

Kai Jennings’ equaliser late in stoppage time at the end of the match earned Whitehawk a 1-1 draw at already relegated Concord Rangers, for whom Frederick Agyemang netted just five minutes after the break. 

Hashtag United went down to a 2-1 defeat to Lewes at the Dripping Pan. Max Cornhill gave Tags the lead after twenty-three minutes before goals by Bradley Pritchard and Ola Ogunwamide saw the Rooks come back to grab the three points.

Relegated Haringey Borough enjoyed a fine 3-0 away win at Kingstonian with Mekhi Leacock-McLeod (2) and Olu Durajaiye – from the penalty spot – on target for the Borough.   

Pitching-In Isthmian League North

Despite Bowers & Pitsea taking a 2-0 lead just before half-time through Matt Price and Benas Vaiavda, Walthamstow mounted a fine comeback to take the points in a 4-2 win at the Len Salmon Stadium. Tariq Starker (own goal) Johnville Renee, sub-Bilal Sayoud and Kymani Thomas were the Stow scorers.

Louis Johnson netted a hat-trick in Redbridge’s 5-0 win at Ipswich Wanderers with Jack Chawner – from the penalty spot – and Jayden Silcott-Brown also netting for the Motormen.  

Brightlingsea Regent were 2-0 winners at Brentwood Town with Charlie Collis and Teddy Collis as their scorers.

Ryan Hawkins’ fourth-minute goal was enough to see Wroxham through to a 1-0 win at Heybridge Swifts.

Two goals by Josh Osude – including one from the penalty spot – gave Witham Town the points in a 2-0 victory over former club Grays Athletic at the Simarco Stadium.

Kye Jude (2) Reuben Bartlett-Antwi and Clyde Semazzi were all on target for Basildon United in a 4-3 victory over still winless Stowmarket Town in a thrilling encounter at Greens Meadow. Kalum Benham and Stanley Fovargue had earlier put the Old Gold & Blacks 2-0 up after only nine minutes. 

Essex Senior League Football League

Tilbury clinched an immediate return to the Isthmian League and were crowned Essex Senior League champions following a 2-0 win over Frenford at Chadfields. Oli Spooner and Alex Clark were the Docker’s scorers.

Wembley-bound Romford went down to a 1-0 defeat at Buckhurst Hill with Yocef Tacine netting the Stag’s winner three minutes into stoppage time.

Ollie Miles was Saffron Walden Town’s hat-trick hero – with sub–Jake Noble also on target – in a 4-3 win over FA Vase finalists Great Wakering Rovers at Catons Lane. Max Gnandi (2) and Jake Gordon were Rover’s scorers. 

Athletic Newham and Barking played out a scoreless draw at the Lawtech Stadium.

Ethan Evison scored twice as White Ensign went down to a 3-2 defeat against Little Oakley at Burroughs Park. Harry Mann, Daniel Rowe and sub-Jordi Papple netted for the visitors.

Harry Thomas (2) Tom Maycock and Nathaniel Mardell were the scorers as Stanway Rovers romped to a 4-0 win over West Essex.  

ProKit UK Essex Olympian Football League

Adam Wright netted twice and Alfie Larkin was also on target as leaders Rayleigh Town were 3-1 winners at Toby.

Third-place Sungate, with goals by Solomon Asomah, Robbie Farrell, Owen Knapman and sub-Elton Tettey crushed Bishop’s Stortford Swifts 4-0.

Bottom of the table Canning Town ran out 3-2 winners over Harold Wood Athletic at West Ham United’s Little Heath Academy.

Old Chelmsfordians, with goals by Bradley Hibbitt, Shane Pritchard and Jonny Waskett, drew 3-3 with Catholic United at Old Chelmsfordians Sports & Social Club.