Pair jailed for series of knife attacks

A 20-year-old man and a teenager have been convicted for a spate of horrific knife attacks.

Arslan Ahmed, 20, of Marconi Road, E10, was sentenced to:

– seven years’ imprisonment for section 18 GBH;
– two years’ imprisonment for section 18 GBH;
– one year imprisonment for section 20 GBH.

The S20 GBH to run concurrently with the other two offences following sentencing at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday, October 15.

It followed conviction at the same court, which concluded in June.

His accomplice, a 16-year-old male, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was also sentenced at the same time to:

– three months’ imprisonment for ABH;
– eight months’ imprisonment for section 18 GBH;
– 93 weeks’ imprisonment for section 18 GBH.

He must also abide by an 18-month Probation Order on his release.

This follows an investigation into a series of incidents.

Police were called at 12:50am on September 7, 2018 to Forest Road, E17, after reports of a fight.

A 16-year-old boy was found with a stab injury to his neck. He was rushed to hospital where his condition was assessed as not life-threatening.

He alleged that he had approached an unknown male to speak to him who then became immediately aggressive and attempted to fight him.

An altercation began and he was stabbed.

Ahmed was identified and arrested at the scene on suspicion of GBH and taken into custody. He was later released under investigation before being charged in March 2020.

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at around 2.30pm, Ahmed and the 16-year-old male alighted a 158 bus at Blackhorse Road Tube Station and became involved in an altercation in which an 18-year-old man was stabbed multiple times.

The victim was hospitalised for a month.

In October 2019 Ahmed and the same teen were involved in an incident in Bradford, West Yorkshire, in which a man was attacked and stabbed.

In July 2019 the 16-year-old was involved in an unprovoked attack on Marconi Road, E10 where a 15-year-old boy was stabbed several times and taken to hospital – his injuries were not life threatening.

Detective Constable Kelly Jones, North East Command Unit, said: “None of the victims did anything to warrant the extreme violence they were subjected to, but on each occasion were thrust into nightmarish scenarios that went from just exchanging words to knives being pulled and used.

“Some of these horrifying and sudden events were carried out, without any apparent care, in front of scores of onlookers who were left absolutely terrified by what was unfolding.

“In the January 2019 incident, but for the skill of doctors and nurses, the victim could have died. It could have easily been a murder investigation instead.

“Arslan Ahmed and his accomplice are dangerous and habitual knife carriers.’’


Mick Ferris

Editor Email: