Charles Thomson

User banner image
User avatar
  • Charles Thomson


Basildon Council approves next stage in plan for new Pitsea swimming pool

COUNCILLORS have approved the next step towards building a new swimming pool in Pitsea. Basildon Council’s Neighbourhoods and Public Spaces

Plan to build four homes in Leigh could be rejected after council receives almost 100 objections

A developer is hoping to build four new homes on a plot previously occupied by just one, attracting almost one

Basildon Towngate Theatre’s fortunes improve, as councillors hear all shows now turn a profit

BASILDON’S Towngate Theatre had its most successful year ever last year, a council meeting has heard. Council officers did not

Thurrock firefighter takes on series of gruelling challenges for charity

A THURROCK firefighter has signed up for a succession of sporting challenges, to raise money for a cancer charity. Orsett

Thurrock, Basildon and Southend residents could win £250 by using green travel

RESIDENTS in Basildon, Thurrock and Southend could win £250 by taking part in a new challenge to promote public transport.

Steve feels the force

A POLICE officer – who first applied to join Essex Police as a nine-year-old boy – is now retiring, aged

Basildon school children volunteer to litter-pick local community, as council offers £30k in clean-up grants

A BASILDON school has been given new litter-picking equipment after successfully applying for funding. A councillor praised the Greensted Junior

Essex Police issues fresh appeal for witnesses, CCTV and dash cam videos after fatal Loughton collision

POLICE have issued a fresh appeal for witnesses, after a 12-year-old schoolboy died following a collision in Loughton. In a

Exterior of new Basildon town college campus building has been completed, says council

A CEREMONY was held yesterday as the structure of Basildon town centre’s new college campus was completed. A ‘topping out

Dog left home alone caused Thurrock kitchen fire by switching on microwave

FIREFIGHTERS were rushed to a kitchen fire in Thurrock yesterday, after a dog switched on the microwave while its owner