- Havering Council targets drink and needle spiking in pubs and nightclubs - 07/12/2021
- Green Homes Grant to help with homes insulation - 07/12/2021
- Elderly man dies after collision in Westcliff - 07/12/2021
Redbridge is bringing some festive fun to the borough with its much-loved Christmas Light Switch-On events in November and December.
The official Christmas light switch-on events are taking place in various locations around the borough, starting with Wanstead on Friday November 19, on George Green opposite the Wanstead Tube Station.
And the borough will be continuing to light up during the weeks ahead, with switch-ons taking place in Manford Way, Hainault on Tuesday November 23, Barkingside on Thursday November 25, Seven Kings on Friday November 26, Ilford on Saturday November 27 and South Woodford on Friday December 3.
Redbridge libraries will also be helping keep the Christmas magic alive for little ones with a series of festive family activities and events in conjunction with the Christmas Lights Switch-On.
From elf trails, and stories with Santa to fun arts and crafts, head over to the local library to make the most of the Christmas Lights Switch On events.
The leader of Redbridge Council, Cllr Jas Athwal said: “As we all look forward to spending time with loved ones, what better way to kick start the festive season than by coming out to support our local High Streets as they light up, ready for Christmas.
“The pandemic has been hard for so many across the borough. But a shining light has been the stories of people living and working in the borough, and our local traders, all going the extra mile to support one another.
“Our community is one we should all be proud of, and I look forward to seeing our communities come together on our High Streets to light up Redbridge.”
Full details below for all Christmas Light Switch On events, and library activities:
Friday November 19
- Wanstead Light Switch-On, 4.30pm, George Green opposite Wanstead Tube Station
- Wanstead Library, 4pm-6pm: Santa Storytime – Santa Comes to Redbridge, Elf Trail, and Make & Decorate a 3D Christmas Tree to take home.
Tuesday November 23
- Manford Way Light Switch-On, 4.30pm, on the green space close to the library
- Hainault Library, 4pm-7pm: Santa Storytime – Santa Comes to Redbridge, Make & Decorate a 3D Christmas Tree to take home, Lantern Making with Barkingside Art Club, Christmas Walkabouts, and Arm Painting.
Thursday November 25
- Barkingside Light Switch-On, 4.30pm, Ken Aston Square outside Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre and Library
- Fullwell Cross Library, 4-6.30pm: Santa Storytime – Santa Comes to Redbridge, Lantern Making with Barkingside Art Club, Christmas Craft Activity, and Elf Trail.
Friday November 26
- Seven Kings Light Switch-On, 4.30pm, Seven Kings Station, on Seven Kings High Road
- Seven Kings Library, 3-5pm: Christmas Craft Activity
Saturday November 27
- Ilford Light Switch-On, 4.30pm, Ilford High Rd
- Central Library, 2.30-4.30pm: Santa Storytime – Santa Comes to Redbridge, Christmas Craft Activities, and Elf Trail.
Friday December 3
- South Woodford Light Switch-On, 4.30pm, George Lane
The series of festive events across the borough have been funded through the UK Government Welcome Back Fund, in association with the European Regional Development Fund.