Latest posts by Charles Thomson (see all)
- SPECIAL REPORT – Part 1: Southend ‘sex ring’ victim says ‘heads should roll’ after paedophile ‘informant’ was set free to molest more children - 23/12/2019
- SPECIAL REPORT – Part 2: ‘Shoebury Sex Ring’ victim breaks 30-year silence to detail horrific web of abuse - 23/12/2019
- Rochford woman wins public vote for Essex Sports Personality of the Year - 11/12/2019
A 13-YEAR-OLD boy is amongst a group of boys who have been arrested over two alleged attempted armed robberies in Basildon last week.
Essex Police was contacted by two teens who claimed groups of teenage boys had threatened them with a Taser and a knife.
In the first alleged incident, a teenage boy reported that he was confronted near the Fortune of War roundabout on Friday evening, December 6.
He said he was threatened with a Taser and ordered to hand over his phone.
The incident reportedly occurred at 5.55pm, but the boy escaped without handing over the phone.
In the second alleged incident a short while later, a teenage boy said he too was threatened.
He said he was shown a Taser and a knife near Paddock Park. He managed to escape unharmed and without handing over any property.
Police have arrested a 13-year-old boy from Billericay, a 14-year-old from Great Warley, a 14-year-old from Laindon and a 15-year-old from Billericay.
All four were arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery.
The 15-year-old and the Laindon 14-year-old were also arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon.
Anybody with information should dial 101.