Three remain in custody as police investigate deaths of teenagers in Brentwood

Detectives investigating the death of two teenage boys in Brentwood are continuing to question three people.

The boys died following a disturbance in Regency Court at around 1.30am on Sunday October 24.

So far officers have seized more than 200 hours of CCTV footage and spoken to more than 20 people as part of the investigation.

Three men – two from Grays aged 19 and 20 and a 21 year-old from South Ockendon – arrested on suspicion of murder remain in custody for questioning.

Four people – a 20 year-old man from South Ockendon, and three men from Grays aged 19, 20, and 49 – have been told they face no further action.

A 40 year-old man from Brentwood has been released under investigation.

Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Truss, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our investigation is progressing well and we are building a picture of the circumstances which led up to the boys’ death.

“We still need anyone who has any information about what happened, who we’ve not spoken to, to come forward.”

Anyone with information on the incident should call 101 and cite incident 125 of October 24.

Information can also be given to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111 or going to https://crimestoppers-uk.org

Advertisement

Mick Ferris

Editor Email: [email protected]