Yellow Sport Non-League Round-Up…

Southend returned to winning ways with a 3-0 victory over Solihull Moors at Roots Hall to maintain their hold on sixth place, just inside the play-off spots. 

Jason Demetriou, Harry Cardwell and Jack Bridge were on target for the Blues as they enjoyed a comfortable win over the lacklustre Moors.

Courtesy of Southend United Media, highlights from the Blues 3-0 win over Solihull Moors

Dagenham & Redbridge were beaten 2-1 at home by fourth-place Woking. Two early goals by Rohan Ince extended the Cards’ excellent run of form and this, their fifth straight win on the road, leaves Woking level on points with third-placed Chesterfield, having played two games more. Josh Walker netted for the Daggers. 

Courtesy of Daggers TV, highlights from Dagenham & Redbridge’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Woking

Vanarama National League South

Chelmsford City’s promotion push was derailed somewhat by a 1-0 defeat at Melbourne Park by lowly Chippenham Town.

Joe Hanks netted Chippenham’s winner just after the half-hour mark. Although the Clarets had an opportunity to get back into the game minutes later when they were awarded a penalty after Spencer Hamilton hauled down Harry Lodovica in the box, Simeon Jackson’s spot kick hit the post and bounced clear.

Two goals by Muhammadu Faal helped second-placed Havant & Waterlooville through to a comfortable 3-1 win over Braintree Town.

Charlie Ruff also scored for the Hawks, whilst Southend United loanee Jon Benton netted for Braintree. 

Isthmian League Premier League

Billericay Town beat Potters Bar Town 2-0 at New Lodge with goals by Eze Ebuzoeme and Marvel Ekpitita. The win moved the Blues up into ninth place in the table.

Courtesy of BTFC Media, highlights from Billericay Town’s 2-0 win over Potters Bar Town

Second-place Bishop’s Stortford suffered their first home defeat of the season at the R&D Advisors UK Stadium – a 3-0 reverse to Lewes, with Joe Thomas, Ryan Gondoh and Ayo Olukoga on target for the Rooks. 

Bowers & Pitsea were beaten 3-1 at bottom of the table Herne Bay. Rory Smith, Yannis Drais and Marcel Barrington scored for the Bay as the Kent club recorded their first win since October. Billy Crook scored from the penalty spot for Bowers, and the visitors were awarded a second penalty in the final minute of the game, only this time for Jordan Perrin to save Crook’s kick.    

Wingate & Finchley were beaten 2-0 by Folkestone Invicta at the Maurice Rebak Stadium, with the league’s leading goal-scorer Ade Yusuff netting from the spot to record his nineteenth goal of the season. Ira Jackson Jnr was also on target for the Blues. 

Aveley drew 1-1 with Bognor Regis Town with former Aldershot striker Kenny Alieru scoring a seventy-first minute equaliser to secure a point for the Millers to cancel out Nathan Odokonyero’s first-half effort for the hosts, who remain in fifteenth spot.

Canvey Island shared the spoils with Cray Wanderers is a 1-1 draw at the Movie Starr Stadium. Elliott Johnson headed the Gulls ahead in the nineteenth minute only for Yahaya Bamba to draw Cray level just before the hour mark.  

The draw keeps Canvey in sixth place, whilst the Wands continue their unbeaten run to stay in second place – three points behind leaders Hornchurch.

In a match played out in atrocious conditions, Haringey Borough enjoyed a well-deserved 2-0 away win at Corinthian Casuals. Alfred Balling and Stefanos Georgiou netted for Borough.

Emmanuel Oke’s ninety-third minute equaliser secured Margate a point in a thrilling 3-3 draw at Hartsdown Park against Brightlingsea Regent. Matty MacArthur and Ben Greenhalgh were also on target for the Gate, with Zack Littlejohn, Suleyman Zuhdu & Dominic Locke scoring for Regent.

Isthmian League North

Grays Athletic defeated bottom-of-the-table Coggeshall Town 1-0 at Parkside with Sam Bantick netting the Blues winner in the fifteenth minute.

Second-place Hashtag United enjoyed a fine 3-1 win over Bury Town at the Len Salmon Stadium with a hat-trick from Emmanuel Okunja as the Tags recorded their ninth win in a row. Nico Valentine netted a consolation goal for Town just after half-time. 

New manager Peter Taylor continued his winning start as Maldon and Tiptree boss as the Jammers won their third game in a row, beating Tilbury 1-0 at Chadfields. Former Southend United youngster Harry Phillips netted their winner from the spot in the eighty-fifth minute. 

In a nine-goal bonanza, Great Wakering Rovers went down to a 5-4 defeat at fourth-placed Lowestoft Town.  

The Trawler Boys opened the scoring in the fifteenth minute when Chris Henderson netted from the spot, only for the Rovers to strike back and lead 3-1 just before half-time with goals from Danny Cossington and Billy Johnson (2). But a four-goal burst from Town saw them race into a 5-3 lead, with Travis Cole, Kyle Haylock & Josh Harvey (2) on the scoresheet. Rob Lacey netted near the end for Great Wakering, but Lowestoft took the three points.  

AFC Sudbury were made to work hard for their 1-0 win over East Thurrock United at King’s Marsh. Josh Mayhew netted the Suds winner in the twentieth minute as they maintained their four-point lead at the top of the table.  

Felixstowe & Walton United moved into the play-off places with a 2-0 win over Brentwood Town at Dellwood Avenue. George Clarke and Josh Hitter were on target for the Seasiders.

Heybridge Swifts enjoyed a fine 5-1 win over Basildon United at Scraley Road. Steve Tilson’s men were 3-0 up after just half an hour and it was pretty much one-way traffic throughout. 

Rob Harvey (3) and Rhys Henry (2) were the Swifts’ goalscorers as they won comfortably and now sit in third place in the table. Kye Jude netted Bees consolation. 

Essex Senior League

Despite Enfield falling behind to Hassan Nalbant’s goal just before the half-hour mark on Friday night, the visitors rallied to win 6-1 to maintain their lead at the top of the table with Aaron Greene (2) Solomon Ofori (2) Kieran Bishop & Louie Johnson their scorers.  

FC Clacton led 1-0 at half-time through Mekhi McKenzie’s goal only for Woodford Town to take the points in a 2-1 win at Ashton Playing Fields with Jaedon Phillips and Luke Parrott on the scoresheet.

Second place Redbridge shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw at White Ensign.

Ilford ran out 1-0 winners over Stansted at Crickley Athletic Ground, with Mo Kargbo on target for the Foxes.

West Essex took the points at Wadham Lodge with Cameron Grey netting late on in their 1-0 win over Stanway Rovers.

Halstead Town beat bottom club Southend Manor 3-0 with goals from Jordan Blackwell, Robbie Bennett and Joe Jones.

Saffron Walden Town raced into a 3-0 lead after just twelve minutes, with Charlie Cole (2) and Stan Leech their scorers. Despite the Ton pulling two goals back through Jose Costa and Tyler Taylor, Saffron Walden held on to win 3-2.

Little Oakley, with goals by Harry Harvey and Harry Mann won 2-1 at home to Takeley, with Bryn Thorpe scoring for the visitors.

Romford won 2-1 at Sawbridgeworth Town with goals from Scott Doe and Tom Richardson. David Etcheri was Town’s scorer.

Barking defeated Athletic Newham 3-2 at Maysbrook Park on Friday night. Kenedi Dariri, Charlie Heatley and Sam Shaban netted for the Blues and Richard Cone (2) for the Kings.

Essex Olympian League

Catholic United beat Kelvedon Hatch 4-1 at the Len Forge Centre with goals from Aaron Baldwin, Franklin Craik, Tom Kearney and Harrison Day. James Burt hit Kelvedon Hatch’s consolation.

Old Southendian ran out 6-0 winners over Toby at Garon Park.

Hutton enjoyed a 5-0 away win at Springfield with goals from David Johnson (2) Jude Keeling, Tom Stephens and Connor Hammond.

Sungate and Bishop’s Stortford Swifts shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw at Ilford Wanderers RFC.

Shenfield Association, with goals from Ben Absolon, Ben Carroll, Jack Maleary and substitute Jack Panons defeated Galleywood 4-0 at St Martin’s School.

Harold Hill and Canning Town drew 1-1 at Noak Hill Sports Complex with Ross Obazee on target for Harold Hill.

Scott Clark scored Leigh Ramblers’ winner in their 1-0 victory over Runwell Sports at Belfairs Park.