Yellow Sport Non-League Round-Up 

Vanarama National League

Two goals from new signing Inih Effiong saw Dagenham & Redbridge through to a 2-1 win against Solihull Moors at the Chigwell Construction Stadium.  

Effiong, who joined from Aldershot Town in the week and having already netted fourteen league goals for the Shots this season, put Daggers 1-0 up just after the half-hour mark only for a Harry Phipps own goal just minutes later to send the teams in level at the break.

Effiong marked an outstanding full debut with a stunning twenty-five-yard strike into the top left-hand corner of the net in the seventy-third minute to win the game for the Daggers – a victory that takes them up into eighth place and just one point outside of the play-offs. 

Vanarama National League South

Despite Lamar Reynolds’ penalty miss in only the second minute of the game, Braintree Town moved into the play-off positions with a 1-0 victory over Concord Rangers at Cressing Road with substitute Aaron Blair netting the winner just after the hour mark.

Chelmsford City were comprehensively beaten 3-0 by Havant & Waterlooville at Westleigh Park with ex-Claret Charlie Ruff, Mo Faal and substitute Sam Ruff netting for the Hawks as they completed a season league double over their play-off rivals.   

Pitching-In Isthmian League Premier Division

Bishop’s Stortford Town remain top of the table after a 1-0 win at Margate with Christopher Harris netting the winner just before half-time as Blues bounced back from their 2-1 loss at Bognor Regis Town in midweek.

George Sykes’ first-half goal moved Aveley up into second place with a 1-0 win at Kingstonian. The scoreline did not flatter the Millers who missed numerous chances throughout, including a penalty which Sykes blasted high over the bar just on the hour mark.   

Billericay Town completed a 2-1 win over Canvey Island as the Blues brought their three-game losing streak to an end at the Movie Starr Stadium. Goals from Anderson Pinto and Kareem Isiaka put the visitors two up before Conor Hubble netted in stoppage time for the Gulls.

Two goals apiece by Dan Gifford and Nathan Odokonyero saw Bognor Regis Town make it four victories in a row with a resounding 5-2 win at Haringey Borough. Sam De St Croix netted Rocks’ fifth in the last minute, whilst Olalekan Osideko and Ben Allen were Haringey’s scorers.  

In their bottom-of-the-table clash at North Road, Herne Bay pulled off a 2-1 win over Brightlingsea Regent, taking the lead in the third minute when Zack Littlejohn headed into his own net. With Regent keeper Charlie Turner sent off just after the hour following an off-the-ball incident, Marcel Barrington converted the resultant penalty past stand-in goalkeeper Littlejohn to double the lead.

Ten-man Regent pulled one back when Suleyman Zuhdu smashed home a spectacular twenty-five-yard effort fifteen minutes before the end but the visitors’ defence stood firm to take the three points.

Lewes boosted their play-off hopes with a hard-fought 3-2 win over Bowers & Pitsea at the Len Salmon Stadium. The Rooks had a great opportunity to open the scoring as early as the fifth minute when Dylan Thiselton brought down Deon Moore in the box, only for Joseph Osaghae to save the resultant spot kick from Joe Taylor.

Lewes took the lead in the fifteenth minute when Moore turned home Bradley Pritchard’s cross. Ayman El-Mogharbel equalised for Bowers just after the break before the visitors raced into a 3-1 lead with further goals from Tyrique Hyde and Jamal Allen, who put through his own net.  

Henry Sinal pulled one back for Bowers seven minutes from time but it proved to be just a consolation as Lewes held on to take the points back to Sussex. 

Pitching-In Isthmian League North

Hashtag United continued their winning ways with a 2-0 victory at Lowestoft Town to maintain their position in second place in the table – just one point behind leaders AFC Sudbury. Emmanuele Okunja netted both Tags’ goals.  

Brentwood Town and Heybridge Swifts shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw at the Brentwood Centre Arena. Despite both sides working really hard in this Essex derby, neither could break the deadlock as the defences held firm to keep the game goalless. 

Goals from Josh Stokes and Sakariya Hassan saw leaders AFC Sudbury through to a 2-1 win at Tilbury, despite the Dockers taking the lead through Roman Michael Percil on the stroke of half-time.

Harry Hope’s late penalty settled a dour game as East Thurrock United took the points in a 1-0 win at Witham Town to give the Rocks their first win in seven league matches.

Felixstowe & Walton defeated bottom club Great Wakering Rovers 4-0 to move up into fourth place in the table with goals from Joshua Hitter (2) Leon Ottley-Gooch and Oliver Canfer.

Coggeshall Town continued their resurgence as they defeated the Gorleston 4-0 in a bad-tempered game to record their third win in a row to further ease their relegation worries. Josh Osude (two, including a penalty) Ben Search and Freddie King, netting for the Seed Growers.

Maldon & Tiptree and Bury Town shared the points with a 0-0 draw at the Wallace Binder Ground. The Jammers had a great chance to win it near the end, however, when Lewis Jaggs’ strike from distance went just inches wide of the post.

Two goals in the final three minutes saw ten-man New Salamis, for whom Melos Ajvazi was sent off, complete a dramatic comeback to defeat Hullbridge Sports at Lower Road in the Friday night game.  

Martin Tuohy gave Sports the lead two minutes before the break before goals by Louie Remi and Harrison Georgiou in the eighty-seventh and ninetieth minutes claimed the points for the Red-Whites.

Grays Athletic and Stowmarket Town shared the points in a 0-0 draw at Parkside. With Stowmarket keeper James Bradbrook in fine form and chances for both sides throughout, neither side were able to find a way through in an entertaining game that was by no means reflective of the scoreline.

Wroxham made it four games without defeat in a 1-0 win over Basildon United, with Shaun Taylor netting the winner on his two-hundredth appearance for the club. Kye Jude was sent off in the last minute for the Bees.  

Essex Senior League

Bottom of the table Southend Manor recorded their first win of the season, a 1-0 away victory at Stansted with Celso Da Silva the scorer. The result still leaves Manor seventeen points from safety.

Sawbridgeworth Town drew 1-1 with substitute Marlon Ortiz equalising in the seventy-fourth following Freddie Burrell’s goal just after half-time.

Stanway Rovers defeated Clapton 4-1 at the Newham Leisure Centre with James Crisell, Sonny Dutton and Nathaniel Mardell amongst the scorers.

West Essex pulled off a surprise 2-0 win at leaders Enfield with Zak Oliver scoring twice late on.

Despite seeing Ibrahim Kehinde sent off, second-place Redbridge closed the gap on Enfield to two points with George Purcell scoring both goals in their 2-0 win over Little Oakley at Oakside Stadium.

FC Clacton recorded a 1-0 win over White Ensign with Mekhi McKenzie netting for the Seasiders.

Montel McKenzie, Jaeden Phillips and Luke Parrott were all on target for Woodford Town in their 3-1 win over Saffron Walden Town who had earlier taken the lead through Charlie Cole in the sixth minute.

Ahmed Abdull scored twice in Barking’s 4-2 win at Halstead Town with Jess Norey and Tim Ogunrinde also netting for the Blues. Jordan Palmer also with two, was Halstead’s goal scorer.

In the Friday night game, Romford drew 2-2 with Athletic Newham, with Praise Ogbebor and George Cox on target for Boro and Richard Kone and Joel Appiah hitting Athletic’s goals.

Buckhurst Hill and Romford shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw at Roding Lane.

Essex Olympian League

Galleywood enjoyed a 1-0 win over Toby at Clarks Field with Kaiyun Reeves netting their winner.

Bishop’s Stortford Swifts won 1-0 at Kelvedon Hatch with substitute Harley Merry scoring the Swifts’ goal.

Leigh Ramblers and Shenfield Association shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw at Belfairs Park. Andrew Webster was the Rambler’s goal scorer.

Springfield and Sungate drew 1-1 at Springfield Hall Park with Lewis Chapman netting for the home team.

Rayleigh Town ran out 3-1 winners against Old Southendian at Concord Rangers with Harry Talbot and George Vile amongst Town’s scorers and Nick Henesy netting the consolation for the visitors.