#YellowSport Non-League Round-up

Vanarama National League
Southend United came from behind to record their third league victory on the bounce against King’s Lynn Town in front of an impressive crowd of more than 6,000 at Roots Hall Stadium.

Dagenham & Redbridge loanee, Harry Phipps headed the visitors in front. However, Matthew Dennis netted his fourth goal of the season to restore parity before Sam Dalby won it for the Blues with a hotly disputed penalty in stoppage-time.

Courtesy of Southend Unitedmedia, highlights from the Blues 2-1 win over King’s Lynn Town

Dagenham & Redbridge’s play-off hopes were hit by two early Stockport goals at the Chigwell Construction Stadium.

Ash Palmer and Will Collar scored for the Hatters in the opening five minutes to confirm a 2-0 victory for the North-West outfit. The Daggers slipped out of the top seven as a result.

Courtesy of Dagenham & Redbridge Media, highlights from the Daggers 2-0 defeat at the hands of Stockport County

Vanarama National League South
Billericay Town remain bottom of the table but extended their unbeaten sequence to five following a 1-1 draw with Havant & Waterlooville at New Lodge.

Shaq Coulthirst gave Billericay a second-half advantage. However, Tommy Wright took little time in levelling the contest. This was Town’s fourth draw in five league matches.

Courtesy of Billericay Town media, highlights from teh Blues 1-1 draw with Havant & Waterlooville

Danny Green’s spot-kick proved little more than a consolation as Concord Rangers slipped to a 4-1 defeat at Dulwich Hamlet.

Giovanni McGregor, Danny Mills and an Ibra Sekajja brace saw the South Londoners home in front of a sellout crowd of 3,334 at Champion Hill.

Chelmsford City were also on the receiving end, going down by the odd goal in three at Hungerford Town.

Zak Bradshaw scored on his debut for the Clarets. This was their first defeat in seven league outings.

Pitching In Isthmian League Premier Division
Hornchurch snatched a last-minute equaliser at Worthing to remain in contention for a play-off place.

Jasper Pattenden handed the home side the lead shortly before the hour mark. Tom Wraight with the Urchins last-gasp leveller.

Brightlingsea Regent impressively recovered a two-goal deficit to earn a share of the spoils at high-flying Lewes.

Joe Taylor’s early brace appeared to have set the home side on their way to victory. However, Dom Locke pulled one back before half-time before Aaron Blair completed the comeback from the penalty spot nine minutes from time.

Bowers & Pitsea went down to a single Serge Makofo goal against Merstham at the Len Salmon Stadium.

Bowers battled hard but were unable to find a way back into the contest. The hosts’ Alex Bentley was sent-off following two cautions, while Merstham’s Huseyin Biler followed along with Bowers’ Ben Sartain after an incident in the final minutes.

Meanwhile, East Thurrock United remain embroiled in a relegation battle following a 4-1 hammering at Bishop’s Stortford. Ollie Miles scored for the Rocks who are sitting second from bottom.

Pitching In Isthmian League North
Canvey Island moved clear at the top following an incredible late comeback against Barking at Park Lane.

The east Londoners led 2-0 with just seven minutes to go thanks to first-half goals from George Purcell and Kieran Jones. However, Matthew Price pulled one back from the spot before Bradley Sach and Evans Kouassi won it with two goals in the final three minutes, much to the delight of the majority amongst the sizable 464 crowd.

Courtesy of Canvey Island Media, Bradley Sach nets his late equaliser for the Gulls against Barking at Park Lane

Barking’s misery was compounded when Barney Williams was sent-off in added time. They remain in the relegation play-off place.

Aveley are second after George Sykes’ goal was enough to edge out Brentwood Town in a hugely competitive clash at Parkside. Grays Athletic are also in the mix. They thrashed Romford 6-0 at Mayesbrook Park. James Smith (2), Aron Gordon (2), David Knight (penalty) and Jamal Batchilly’s own-goal completed the rout.

Hashtag United won their Friday night fixture at Maldon & Tiptree thanks to a Sam Bantick penalty after a quarter of an hour. Lordon Akolbire and Shad Ngandu saw red for the Jammers. Meanwhile, Coggeshall Town recorded a 2-0 victory over Bury Town. Kudos Oyenuga and Ibrahim Kehinde on target for the Seedgrowers.

Strugglers, Great Wakering Rovers and Tilbury played out a 1-1 draw at Burroughs Park.

Darnell Mavanga-Kithambo gave the Rovers a 73rd-minute lead. However, the Dockers salvaged a point thanks to Chris Millar’s last-minute penalty.

Ten-man Basildon United held firm for the best part of an hour to earn a goalless draw at Witham Town.

Bees man, Ahmed Mohammed was sent-off just after the half-hour mark. However, the visitors produced a resolute rearguard action to rebuff the home side and keep them three points above the dropzone.

Hullbridge Sports suffered a late setback at Felixstowe & Walton United. Former West Ham United man, Tony Stokes had given Sports’ a first-half lead. However, Samuel Nunn and Henry Barley struck in the final nine minutes to turn the contest United’s way by two goals to one.

Essex Senior League
Walthamstow are ten points clear at the top after goals from Callum Ibe and Timothy Ogunrinde saw off Enfield at Wadham Lodge. Stansted’s 3-1 win over Cockfosters keeps them in second. Bradley Russell, Michael Salako and Connor Hammond were on target for the Airportmen.

Stanway Rovers lost ground following their goalless draw with West Essex. Meanwhile, Redbridge remain in the chasing pack after goals from Michael Pindy and Robbie Norris edged out Takely by two goals to one at the Oakside Stadium.

FC Clacton were the big winners of the day, hitting four without reply at Sawbridgeworth Town. Meanwhile, there was a seven-goal thriller at Lowfield, where Hoddesdon Town saw off Sporting Bengal United by four goals to three – Harrison Cage scoring twice for the home side.

Saffron Walden Town and White Ensign shared six goals, while a single strike from Ayub Kadiri was enough to see a ten-man Woodford Town home at Southend Manor. Alejandro Machado received two bookings for the East Londoners.

Elsewhere, Clapton were 2-0 winners over Athletic Newham – Jermaine Baptiste and Giovanni Palmer with the goal, while Little Oakley won 3-1 at St Margaretsbury.

Essex Olympian League
Table-topping Basildon Town were left stunned at third-placed Ongart Town won 4-1 at the Sports & Lesure Club. Rayleigh Town made up ground in second place with a 3-0 triumph at Harold Wood Athletic.

Sungate beat Bishop’s Stortford Swifts by a goal to nil. Meanwhile, Springfield were amongst the goals, seeing off Old Southendian 5-2.

Catholic United picked up maximum points. Aaron Baldwin bagged a brace as they won by the odd goal in three at Galleywood.


Brian Jeeves

Email: [email protected]