#YellowSport Non-League Round Up…

Vanarama National League South
Alfie Matthews’ late penalty just three minutes before the end saw Braintree Town through to a 2-1 win against Worthing – a win that continued their push for promotion this year as they moved into seventh place and a play-off position.

The Rebels took the lead in the eleventh minute when captain Aaran Racine headed past Niemczycki to put the visitors 1-0 up.

Angelo Harrop’s side responded well with John White and Kyron Farrell going close soon after, but it was Matt Rush who equalised for the Iron when he knocked the ball in from close range From Farrell’s corner.

Jon Benton, on loan from Southend United, hit the post with a fine curling shot as Braintree continued to press forward and they deservedly took the three points when Matthews fired home his spot-kick after the ball had been handled in the area.

The game ended on a sour note for Worthing as Racine was shown the red card following an altercation with Rush.

Struggling Concord Rangers suffered a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Bath City at the Aspect Arena with Cody Cooke scoring twice for the Romans.

Cooke opened the scoring in the sixth minute when he headed home from a corner and it was goalkeeper Patrick Ohman who came closest to scoring for the Beach Boys when the bounce from his long-distance free kick forced his opposite number, Joe Wright, to tip the ball over the crossbar shortly after.

Bath City was awarded a penalty when Scott Wilson was brought down by Harvey Beckett in the box and Cooke powered the resulting kick past Ohman to double the lead.

Danny Green came close near the end with a left-footed volley that went wide of the post, but Concord never really looked like coming back into the game. Following their eighth defeat of the season, and with the club third from bottom in the table, it was announced on Sunday that Chis Search had stepped down as Beach Boys manager.

Isthmian League Premier Division

Bishop’s Stortford moved two points clear at the top of the table as Frankie Merryfield scored again to steer the Blues to a fine 1-0 win at Hastings United.

In an end-to-end game in which both sides created several chances, U’s came close to equalising when substitute Sam Adams’ shot forced a brilliant save from Sam Giddins as Bishop’s Stortford clinched victory and their sixth successive clean sheet of the season.

Margate extended their winning run to three matches with a 2-0 win against Canvey Island in a game that saw Gate’s Sam Blackman and Canvey’s Mason Hall shown the red card. Gull’s manager Brad
Wellman was also sent off for protesting Hall’s dismissal. Korrey Henry tapped home Margate’s opening goal just after the hour mark and their second came nine minutes from time after Gull’s keeper Bobby Mason parried Eddie Dsane’s shot for Ben Greenhalgh to head home.

Billericay Town moved clear of the relegation zone after a 3-1 win at Wingate & Finchley after a brace from Bradley Stevenson saw them come from behind to take the points.

Dylan Kearney opened the scoring for Wingate just before half-time. However, Anthony Jeffrey equalised just three minutes after the break.

Wingate’s Michael Olarewaju was sent off following his second yellow card before Stevenson clinched the points with a twice-taken penalty on the hour mark and then added Town’s third twenty minutes from time.

Courtesy of Billericay Town TV, highlights from the Blues 3-1 win at Wingate & Finchley

Haringey Borough registered a comprehensive 4-2 win against Bowers & Pitsea at Coles Park and were ahead inside the first minute after Bowers keeper Kie Plumley parried Scott Durojaiye’s twenty-five yard shot into the path of Kaylen Hinds to stab the ball home.

Substitute Michael Barek equalised for Bower’s three minutes after coming on when he converted D’Jean Spencer’s low cross
before Boro took the lead again when Johnny Ashman rifled home just after the half-hour mark.

Bowers equalised through Dexter Peter nine minutes after the break only for Haringey to score again when Hinds scored his second of the match when he headed home Tage Kennedy’s cross.

Home keeper Max Ovenden saved brilliantly from Toby Ajala’s penalty in the seventieth minute, and it was left to Ashman to net again in the last minute to clinch the points for Haringey Borough.

Isthmian League North
A fine 3-2 win by Grays Athletic over Felixstowe & Walton saw them move up into second place after a hard-fought and feisty encounter at Parkside.

Grays took the lead in the third minute when Aron Gordon’s cross was turned into his own net by Leon Ottley-Gooch.

Joshua Hitter’s twenty-yard spectacular drew Felixstowe level just before the half-hour mark before Grays asserted their superiority on the day to take the points with further goals from Sam Bantick and Annointed Chuckwu.

Holland pulled one back in stoppage time, but it was too late for the Seasiders to get back into the game.

Great Wakering Rovers were beaten 2-1 at home by Brentwood Town despite taking an early lead through Callum Boylan.

Corey Davidson equalised for Brentwood after just eight minutes and both keepers made spectacular saves thereafter before Marlon Agyakwa scored what turned out to be the Blues’ winner.

Hashtag United inflicted Heybridge Swifts’ first defeat of the season in a 2-0 win at the Len Salmon Stadium as they moved up into the top four.

Jermaine Francis and Ben Brookes, who scored directly from a corner, were on target for the Tags.

Basildon United were beaten 3-1 at Gorleston, who took the lead after Connor Deek’s put them ahead from the spot in the seventh minute.

Daniel McCullock equalised just before the half-hour
mark but further goals from Jamie North and George Keys saw the home team run out as worthy winners in the end.

East Thurrock came from behind to off a fine 3-2 away win at Wroxham in a game in which both teams saw a man sent off, Ryan Hawkins for Wroxham and Jack McQueen for the Rocks.

Ryan Miles scored twice for the Yachtsmen within the first twenty-one minutes only for the Rocks to pull one back before half-time through Harry Critchley. Roman Micheal-Percival equalised in the seventy-first
minute and Rocks snatched victory in stoppage time as Brian Moses capitalised on a wayward back pass to score and complete a most remarkable comeback.

A last-minute goal by Michael Osei clinched a point for Coggeshall Town against Witham Town in a 2-2 draw.

Junior Nkwonka gave Coggeshall the lead after half an hour before Adam Vyse equalised for Witham who then took the lead following Martin Onoabhagbe’s own goal before the Seed Growers dramatic equaliser by Osei brought the game to its conclusion.

Daniel Kithambo’s goal was enough to see Tilbury to a 1-0 win over high-flying Bury Town.

The Dockers were worthy winners and spurned two good chances early on before Kithambo’s close-range finish in the fifty-first minute saw them through to the three points.

Hullbridge Sports and Lowestoft Town played out a goalless draw at Lower Road, which must be thought of as a good point for Sports against top-of-the-table Town, who had Kyle Haylock sent off.

Stowmarket mounted an incredible comeback to win at bottom-placed and pointless Maldon & Tiptree.

Laste Dombaxe and Harvey Sayer put the Jammers 2-0 up within half an hour, but Stowmarket fought back valiantly to take the points with goals from Curry, Lamb, from the penalty spot, and Ainsley.

Essex Senior League
Athletic Newham and Stansted shared a point with a 3-3 draw at the Newham Leisure Centre, Coyne Farrell and Hammond being on target for the visitors.

Barking had a comprehensive 3-0 home win over Clapton with Luke Hirst, Ronaldo Kapica and Timothy Ogunrinde scoring their goals.

Enfield ran out 3-1 winners against Buckhurst Hill. Suleyman Zuhdu scored for Buckhurst Hill early on only to be sent off after the half-hour mark.

White Ensign clinched a dramatic 4-3 away win at Halstead Town, with two from Charlie Portway.

Goalkeeper Jordan Blackwell and Joel Older were amongst the scorers for Halstead.

FC Clacton beat Little Oakley 3-2 at the Little Oakley Memorial Club with two goals from Mekhi McKenzie and the other by Chris Ribchester. Harry Mann scored twice for Little Oakley.

Saffron Walden Town took the points at home beating Stanway Rovers 3-2 with goals from former Southend United youngster Craig Calver (2) and Cameron Watson. Danny Nesbitt and Ernest Okoh were Stanway’s scorers.

Sawbridgeworth Town and Southend Manor shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw.

Redbridge triumphed 3-2 at Takeley with goals from Daniel Okah, Nathan Okoye and substitute Tayo Joshua Olukolu. George Powell and Oluwadamilare Oguntunga scored for Takeley.

Two goals from Cameron Gray and another from Oliseh Okuguni saw West Essex through to a 3-1 win against Ilford at Wadham Lodge.

In the Friday night game, Romford with goals from Emmanuel Robe, Lewis George Smith and Jake Lewis Gordon drew 3-3 with Woodford Town, whose scorers were Luke Parrott, Kyrell Jeremiah and Alejandro Machado, the latter was sent off just before the hour mark.

Essex Olympian League
Bishop’s Stortford Swifts beat Old Southendian 2-1 with two goals from Mitchell Burr.

Canning Town lost 2-0 at home to Hutton for who Sean O’Callaghan scored twice.

Catholic United claimed the points with a 2-0 home win against Springfield.

Marc Holland scored Shenfield Association’s winning goal in their 1-0 victory at Runwell Sports.

Sungate emerged as 2-1 winners against Kelvedon Hatch with goals from Solomon Asomah and Petit Elbi. Dawood Akiel Ghafar scoring for Hatch at Ilford Wanderers.

Goals from Dean Maguchu and Luis Ruiz saw Toby home to three points in a 2-1 win against Galleywood with Zane Liles, netting for the visitors.